Alumnus of the Year Award
Criteria for Nomination
To nominate yourself or a fellow deserving alumnus click here.
A. The purpose of the Alumnus of the Year Award is to recognize outstanding achievement by the men and women of the University of Louisville.
II. Eligibility for award
A. Alumni/alumnae of the University of Louisville will be eligible.
B. Definition of an alumnus:
1. An alumnus is any person who has received a degree from any of the schools of the University of Louisville
2. This includes any schools now considered part of the University of Louisville (i.e. Louisville Municipal College, Jefferson School of Law, Kentucky Southern College)
C. To be considered a candidate:
1. The nominee shall have distinguished him or herself in their chosen professional field of endeavor.
2. The nominee shall have made significant contributions to his or her community, on a local, state, national or international level. This is the humanitarian criteria of the award.
3. The nominee shall have demonstrated integrity in his/her personal life and gained the respect of those surrounding him/her.
4. The nominee shall have demonstrated a connection to the University of Louisville through volunteer activities (i.e., mentoring students, guest lecturing, and volunteer boards, etc).
5. The nominee shall have demonstrated a belief in the mission and purpose of the University of Louisville through philanthropic support of the University of Louisville.
III. Number of Recipients
A. The Alumnus of the Year recipient shall be chosen from the general alumni population.
B. The Board of Directors of the Alumni Association strongly suggests the Alumnus of the Year be awarded to a broad spectrum of individuals in as many fields as possible (i.e. Music, Business, Dental, Law, etc.)
A. Nominations will be solicited via the UofL magazine and the Alumni Association website.
B. Nominations may be submitted by:
1. Any school or department of the University of Louisville.
2. Any alumnus/alumna of the University of Louisville.
3. Any member of the faculty or staff of the University of Louisville.
C. All nominations must be in writing and be accompanied by a brief statement of support.
D. All nominations must be submitted and postmarked by May 1.
E. All nominations must be sent to the UofL Alumni Association, University Club & Alumni Center, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40292.
F. All nominations for the Alumnus of the Year Award will automatically remain in the file for two years. After that, nominations must be resubmitted.
V. Selection of recipients
A. It shall be the duty of the University of Louisville Alumni Association Board of Directors Awards Committee to make the final selection of the Alumnus of the Year Award from the Alumni Association.
VI. Presentation of award
A. The award shall be presented during homecoming week or at the discretion of the staff of the Alumni Association.
B. The recipients will be announced shortly before the date.