- You'll help current students. Alumni donations pay for student emergency funds, classroom and lab upgrades, scholarships and library materials - all which help make a UofL education exceptional.
- You'll raise UofL's national rankings. U.S. News and World Report ranks universities in part on the percentage of alumni who give back. It's not the size of your gift but your participation that counts.
- Gifts to UofL are tax deductible.
- You'll receive perks. With your gift, you'll receive membership in a giving club (listed below); your name will be listed on the Honor Roll of Donors; and you'll receive invitations to exclusive UofL events.
RECENT GRADUATE GIVING CLUBS
Make a gift of less than $100 and you'll join the Friends Club of the Red and Black Society. Or make a larger gift and join the Cardinal Level of the 1798 Society, UofL's premier annual giving club. The minimum annual gift for 1798 Society membership is typically $1,000, but recent grads join at much lower rates and receive many benefits, including invitations to select 1798 Society events and special events, such as bourbon tastings and recent alumni night at Churchill Downs.
Cardinal Level of the 1798 Society
Undergraduate Degree Alumni
1-4 years after graduating, $100-$499
5-9 years after graduating, $500-$999
Graduate Degree Alumni
1-4 years after graduating, $100-$499
CHOOSE WHERE YOUR GIFT GOES
Where does your Fund for UofL gift go? You decide!
Select the UofL school or college you care most about, or, make your donation to UofL Libraries. Your gift will be used to meet that area's greatest needs, giving each dean the most flexibility to address critical priorities.
While gifts to the Fund for UofL are especially appreciated, you can designate your gift to a specific area, such as an academic department, the Green Fund for UofL (supports sustainability efforts), the Bornwasser Student Emergency Fund (helps students facing unforeseen financial difficulties) or a scholarship fund.
WAYS TO GIVE
UofL School or College
Give to the school or college of your choice and help make sure that UofL students receive a superior education. With your contribution, students can study abroad, participate in leadership development programs and get involved in service projects that enrich the community at large.
Make a donation to the UofL library of your choice and help them purchase much needed books, furnishings, and equipment. This is a way to directly benefit students, faculty, and other patrons of the University.
Green Fund for UofL
Help UofL go green. Make a donation to the Green Fund for UofL and help fund things like a campus community garden, green education and the use of sustainable materials and technology.
Bornwasser Student Emergency Fund
Help a student in crisis. Give to the Louis and Louise W. Weisser Bornwasser Student Emergency Fund. It was created to assist UofL students who experience unforeseen financial catastrophes which prevent them from continuing their education.
HOW MUCH IS ENOUGH?
That's for you to decide. As a recent graduate, you may feel you can't afford to give much. You may think that a Fund for UofL gift of $25, $50, or $100 doesn't matter. But it does! If every graduate of the last decade gave just $25, we'd collectively raise $625,000. It's not the amount you give, but the fact that you participate that matter most.
Curious about what your peers are giving? Here are the average gifts from recent grads:
- College of Arts and Sciences, $58
- College of Business, $52
- School of Dentistry, $118
- Speed School of Engineering, $127
- College of Education and Human Development, $34
- Brandeis School of Law, $79
- School of Medicine, $152
- School of Nursing, $32
- School of Music, $18
- School of Public Health and Information Sciences, $52
- Kent School of Social Work, $33
- UofL Libraries, $45