Arts and Sciences Alumni Council
To assist the University of Louisville, College of Arts and Sciences Dean's Office, and the UofL Alumni Association in expanding their reach and supporting their efforts to connect and engage alumni and friends.
: General membership is open to all those who value the College of Arts and Sciences. Perhaps it is because you have fond memories of spending time in the Humanities building while you accumulated those intro credit hours before you entered the business school. Or it might be because your Political Science course work led to a career in government. Even if you are not an alumni, but you believe in the value of a liberal arts education, this is a good way to show your support. There is no limit to the number of members, so you are encouraged to bring a friend.
Steering committee membership
is also open. If you have additional time to give and would like to be involved in planning member meetings and putting together the calendar of events, the steering committee meets on an as needed basis.
Expectations of Membership:
1. Become informed about the University (and particularly A&S) regarding issues of curriculum, budget, student life, faculty affairs, etc. Share these issues with other alumni and potential friends of the University.
2. Be available to provide feedback on these issues. This includes attending 2 membership meetings a year
as well as other opportunities as needed.
3. Recruit active and engaged alumni and friends.
4. Like us on Facebook and/or join our email list so we can keep you abreast of goings on in the college.
5. Promote events to your social and professional circles and encourage their attendance.
*Attend University/College/Alumni sponsored events.
*Volunteer at University/College/Alumni events, helping Dean's Office staff and alumni staff.
*Provide alumni or community-at-large representation on various A&S committees.
*Make a financial contribution to the College at whatever level you are comfortable. (Come on, you can put together a dollar or two if you round up the loose change in the couch!)
Cardinal wearables, inside "scoop" on University plans, access to wonderful events, and social and professional networking.
College Web: louisville.edu/artsandsciences/alumniandfriends
Council Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dean’s Office Contact: Lindsey Ronay, email@example.com
, or (502) 852-3252