10/20/2014 Here’s a bit of trivia! UofL alumnus George Schupp was a co-founder of StairMaster, launched by TriTech in Tulsa, Oklahoma in 1983. The trio of founders celebrated the 30th anniversary of StairMaster last year. With the launch of a new product last year, it seems that George and his co-founders have transitioned well to an industry once foreign to them.
10/17/2014 Homecoming 2014 celebrations continue tonight with the Welcome bACC Homecoming Parade, after a 15-year hiatus. The event begins at 6 p.m. at Cardinal Towne, following 3rd Street to Eastern Parkway. So, put on your Homecoming t-shirt, grab your friends and family, and see you there!
We look forward to honoring 2014 Alumnus of the Year, Robert C. Hughes, 81MD, 84MR, at the 32nd Alumni Awards tonight at the Louisville Marriott, along with our 11 Alumni Fellows, including:
The Alumni Association established these awards in 1983 to recognize graduates who have distinguished themselves in their field and are exemplary ambassadors for the university and their college or school. Recipients reflect the high standing and character of their alma mater. A much deserved congratulations, we are honored to count you each as alumni!
- College of Arts & Sciences: Barbara Perry, 78A
- College of Business: Diane B. Medley, 80B
- School of Dentistry: Arthur Chen-Shu Jee, 75DMD
- College of Education and Human Development: Blake Haselton, 04GE
- Louis D. Brandeis School of Law: Lucy Lee Helm, 79BA, 82L
- School of Medicine: Morton L. Kasdan, 63MD, 67MR
- School of Music: Mike Tracy, 74MU, 89MU
- School of Nursing: Kristin Beth Ashford, 91N, 00GN
- Raymond A. Kent School of Social Work: Larry Michalczyk, 76GK
- J.B. Speed School of Engineering: Alan A. Kleier, 76S, 77GS
- School of Public Health and Information Sciences: Caroline Chan, 07GP, 12GP
Have you changed your address, received a promotion, been named an officer of an organization, published a book, finished a degree at another university, received an award, recently married or had a child? Let me know! Send us an email and tell us what's new in your life.