|The conference will present basic research highlighting the effects of cancer on couples’ coping over the trajectory of the illness, clinical research on couple-based interventions, and dissemination research on evidence-based interventions to enhance the coping of cancer survivors and their families. |
The format of the program will include five keynote presentations with panels of discussants following each keynote.
The conference sessions focus on:
• Coping among couples faced with diverse types of cancer (breast, lung, prostate, colorectal, and gynecological)
• Processes of dyadic coping over the course of the disease (diagnosis, treatment, palliation, end-of-life, and survivor-ship)
• Use of innovative methodologies to study the phenomenon of dyadic coping
• Translation of research findings into promising innovative interventions to enhance couples’ coping with stress.
• Methods of dissemination of interventions on a broad scale (national and international communities) to promote the resilience of couples faced with cancer.